If you were an explorer like Edmund Hillary, eating the correct food to give you enough energy is extremely important. He would have had a range of supplies to keep him going.
He may have eaten something like these energy balls. They do what they say on the tin - packed with energy to keep you going until your next meal. Why not give them a go?!
Blender, Weighing Scales, Measuring Spoons, Chopping Board.
Ingredients (makes 10):
- 70g pumpkin seeds
- 20g puffed rice/wheat
- 80g dates (stoneless)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 heaped tsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- Blend half of the pumpkin seeds in a blender to dust like consistency and put aside.
- Put the remainder of the pumpkin seeds in the blender, with the puffed rice and dates, and blend.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until sticky.
- With wet hands take small amounts of the mixture and mould into 10 balls.
- Roll the balls in the ground pumpkin seeds.
- Place in a suitable container and leave to set in the fridge.
These will keep for around 2 weeks if stored appropriately in the fridge.
See https://www.phunkyfoods.co.uk/recipes/ for more child-friendly recipes.