Find out about your favourite animals at Edinburgh Zoo and create a Top Trump style fact file about two of your favourites. My personal favourites would be the blue poison arrow frogs and the squirrel monkeys. Which two animals are your favourite? I have included a top trump card template for you to use to complete this activity and you may need to do a little research to find out fun facts about your chosen animals.
Challenge 2 - Famous Edinburgh Landmarks
For this challenge, I would like you to research famous landmarks in Edinburgh. What is the history behind each landmark? Why are they so significant? Can you locate the landmarks on a map of Edinburgh? Can you plan a route to walk to all your chosen landmarks on your own little tour?
You could present this information in a variety of different ways:
- Write and record a sightseeing tour - giving details to the tourist about each landmark you visit.
- Create a map with your chosen landmarks clearly visible and include fact boxes about each landmark.
- Create an Edinburgh Landmark information page for a tourist guide.
- Write a postcard from each landmark giving details about each one.
- Create 3D models of each landmark with information cards attached.
- any other creative way of your choice
I would love to see your Edinburgh work so please email it to the usual address.
Staying away from home skills!
- Make your own bed. Put your own duvet cover and pillow cases on your bedding correctly and neatly. Put the dirty ones in the wash!
- Make your own meal - this could be one of your family favourites or you could try some Scottish delicacies.