Providing children are well enough, please choose some activities from this list of suggestions during an initial, short term absence.
- Reading and talking about their school reading book or other stories at home
- Choose games or activities on the Phonics Play website (username: TorrisholmeCP password: phonicsplay)
- Login to Ten Town to take part in number activities (use your child's log in which is in their home-school diary)
- Using the www.topmarks.co.uk website, use the search facility to find early years maths activities
- Read to younger siblings or your teddy bear
- Go on a shape hunt around the house
- Play a board game
- Cooking or baking – reading the recipe, measuring the ingredients etc
- Write a letter or make a card to send to someone
- Create your own role play – collect together all the things you have around the house to help you create a shop (food, shoes, whatever appeals to your child), a hair salon, a vet’s surgery for poorly stuffed animals or a post office
- Get out your play doh, building bricks, craft bits, sewing basket, empty the recycling box and see what you can create!
- Put on a puppet show or a play
- Make your own comic book starring your favourite book, film or tv characters
- Help with jobs around the house