3. A Bubble Closure
If a case of coronavirus has been confirmed in a child's class or possible year group 'bubble', the whole group will be required to isolate for 14 days from their last contact with the person who has tested positive.
All children will need to access remote learning during this period and teachers will be working from home.
School's approach to remote learning will be 'blended' which means it will consist of a mixture of online teaching/learning activities and paper resources provided by school.
- A pack of work will be sent home, set by the class teacher.
- This will include a suggested timetable to cover 10 days and an exercise book.
- Each day, an activity for English and Maths will be included, along with activities from the wider curriculum and other age-related activities such as phonics/spelling.
- Each day a video will be provided online by the class teacher/a teacher from the team. This will include an explanation of the day's activities. Additional videos may be added if any specific teaching is required, for example, a calculation strategy in Maths.
- Work can be 'submitted' or shared with teachers using one of the online platforms or learning apps used by your child's class, or via the year group emails.
- Teachers will contact each family by phone over the course of the isolation.
- Teachers can be contacted via their year group emails for additional support as required.
- The pack and any completed work should be returned to school with the child when the isolation period is over.