Year 5 & Year 6
Providing children are well enough, please choose some activities from this list of suggestions during an initial, short term absence.
- Reading and talking about their school reading book or other books at home
- Login to either Oxford Owl or Collins Big Cat websites for further reading books and activities
- Login to Times Tables Rockstars using your child’s individual login
- Using the www.topmarks.co.uk website, use the search facility to find Key Stage 2 maths activities.
- Login to Purple Mash using your child’s individual login and choose from a range of games and activities
- Choose from English, maths, science, history and geography lessons and activities on www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
- Choose lessons and activities from many areas of the curriculum by choosing from the ‘Pupils’ and then ‘Key Stage 2’ section on www.thenational.academy
- Choose learning clips and activities on https://www.discoveryeducation.co.uk/ by logging into the Espresso section (username: student18447 password: athome)
- Get active by choosing a video on the Cosmic Yoga channel https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga or a workout with Joe Wicks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXt2jLRlaf8
- Read to younger siblings
- Play a board game
- Cooking or baking – reading the recipe, measuring the ingredients etc
- Write a letter or make a card to send to someone
- Get out your play doh, building bricks, craft bits, sewing basket, empty the recycling box and see what you can create!
- Put on a puppet show or a play
- Make your own comic book starring your favourite book, film or tv characters
- Help with jobs around the house